Nader Al-Awadhi is a founding partner of GLA & Company and also founding principal of Nader Al Awadhi Attorneys and Legal Consultant Law Firm, with 44 years of legal experience. Nader Al Awadhi’s reputation in the Kuwait legal profession is well-known.
He has developed a strong forte for commercial and corporate litigation matters representing many of the top Kuwaiti companies and institutions as well as many famous international companies. Al Awadhi has applied his knowledge of bankruptcy and insolvency laws to commercial litigation matters in relation to distressed companies and restructuring at large and legal consultancy for corporate.
- 1977 –Kuwait University – Law degree
- Kuwait Bar Association
- Arbitration Centre of Kuwait and the GCC
- Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry Arbitration Centre.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Represented many top Kuwaiti companies and institutions as well as many famous international companies.
- Acceptable before the Kuwaiti Courts at all levels.
- Received training at legal firms in the United States of America.
- Headed arbitration bodies and as arbitration member in several arbitration cases.
- Contributed in several conferences and seminars specializing in Commercial Arbitration and Corporate legal topics.
- Acting for Muthanna Investment Company KSCC on the establishment of a joint venture with a Kuwaiti projects company for the purposes of undertaking various real estate projects in Kuwait; and
- Advising Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) on the establishment of a branch in Kuwait, including advising on Central Bank of Kuwait and Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau approval processes.
- Advising on all Capital Market Authority matters including recent regulations as well as CMA investigatory panels.
- Currently representing a prominent Italian petrochemical company in its dispute with a governmental entity for an amount reaching US$152,565,348;
- Represented International Oil Trading Companies in the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award before Kuwaiti courts;
- Represented a local investment company in a dispute amount to US$ 6,633,276;
- Represented a local bank in a finance dispute amount to US$ 126,032,244;
- Represented the largest Islamic bank in a misrepresentation case amount to US$331,673,400; and
- Represented a shareholding power company against a government entity in all litigation stages to reassign land for a northern electricity plant.