Nader Al-Awadhi is a founding partner of GLA & Company and also founding principal of Nader Al Awadhi Attorneys and Legal Consultant Law Firm, with 44 years of legal experience. Nader Al Awadhi’s reputation in the Kuwait legal profession is well-known.
He has developed a strong forte for commercial and corporate litigation matters representing many of the top Kuwaiti companies and institutions as well as many famous international companies. Al Awadhi has applied his knowledge of bankruptcy and insolvency laws to commercial litigation matters in relation to distressed companies and restructuring at large and legal consultancy for corporate.
- 1977 –Kuwait University – Law degree
- Kuwait Bar Association
- Arbitration Centre of Kuwait and the GCC
- Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry Arbitration Centre.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Represented many top Kuwaiti companies and institutions as well as many famous international companies.
- Acceptable before the Kuwaiti Courts at all levels.
- Received training at legal firms in the United States of America.
- Headed arbitration bodies and as arbitration member in several arbitration cases.
- Contributed in several conferences and seminars specializing in Commercial Arbitration and Corporate legal topics.
- Acting for Muthanna Investment Company KSCC on the establishment of a joint venture with a Kuwaiti projects company for the purposes of undertaking various real estate projects in Kuwait.
- Advising Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) on the establishment of a branch in Kuwait, including advising on Central Bank of Kuwait and Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau approval processes
- Advising on all Capital Market Authority matters including recent regulations as well as CMA investigatory panels.
Litigation and Arbitration
- Currently representing Tecnimont, Italian petrochemical company in its dispute with Kuwait National Petroleum Company [KNPC] for an amount reaching 152,565,348 US $.
- Represented International Oil Trading Company in the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award before Kuwaiti courts.
- Represented Carlyle against NIG in a dispute.
- Advising Kuwait Airways against Iraq Government and Iraqi Airways.
- Represented Al Sahil Company in a dispute amount to 6,633,276 US $.
- Represented Al Ahli bank in a dispute amount to 126,032,244 US $.
- Represented Kuwait Finance House in a misrepresentation case amount to 331,673,400 US $.
- Represented Al Mazaya Company against Business City amount 2,776,106 US $.
- Represented IBC against Kuwait Municipality at the Appeal Court.
- Represented Jassim Al Wazzan Sons against Mohamed Salah Zayed amount to 666,663 US $ at the Cassation Court.
- Represented KNET against Hussain Asad and other cases.