Khaled al-Khashab is an associate of GLA & Company’s Cairo office. He takes a role within the GCC-focused M&As, Capital Markets, and Finance teams. Khaled’s experience with high-profile clients in different sectors include F&Bs, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, technology, and banking. He also acted as a counsel for the multimillion-dollar startup Trella, a fast-growing trucks and shipment management tech company.
With four years of experience, Khaled advises numerous businesses on corporate governance, commercial negotiations, transactions, and M&As in addition to positioning himself in niche fast-developing practices, including banking and non-banking fintech, data privacy regulations, IP, and equity and debt financing.
Together with his corporate experience, Khaled is a well-rooted practitioner in alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, taking part in different arbitration cases under the ICC and CRCICA rules, along with his litigation experience in commercial and criminal matters.
Prior to joining GLA & Company, Khaled worked for one of Cairo’s renowned and rapidly expanding law firms. He also gained experience during his time as an intern with the Egyptian Competition Authority (ECA) in 2018. Khaled is currently enrolled in the International & Comparative Law LL.M programme at the American University in Cairo, in line with his passion for Public International Law and cross-border transactions and disputes.
- Ain Shams University, English Section, Cairo, Egypt – Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Masters Candidate, American University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt – Master of Law in International & Comparative Law (LL.M)
- Egyptian Bar Association; and
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of arbitrators (CIArb)
- Seconded to Trella as a legal counsel overseeing their day-to-day operations.
- Represented a major Egyptian pharmaceutical company’s investment arm in excess of USD 3M of shareholding and debt financing transactions.
Banking & Finance (Conventional & Sharia-Compliant)
- Represented a major tech startup in their EGP 350M facilities with various banks and financial institutions.
- Represented a major tech startup in EGP 10M claims negotiation.
- Co-represented a foreign investment banking group in an EGP 7M + international commercial arbitration before CRCICA.
- Co-represented an Egyptian contracting group in an EGP 100M + pre-arbitration negotiation.
- Co-represented an Egyptian contracting group in a multimillion USD construction arbitration under the auspices of the ICC.
- Co-represented a foreign contracting group in a multimillion USD ad-hoc construction arbitration.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Donotpay.co.uk: Your New Lawyer?, The Law Magazine, December 2016
- Going Online: Quick Guide to Google AdWords & SEO, The Law Magazine, Print, October 2017
- Data Protection & Startups (GDPR & Egyptian Law), StartRight Legal Buddy Blog, January 2022