Mr. Taha is specialized in corporate, mergers & acquisitions, capital market, Civil, Commercial and employment laws.
Mr. Taha has more than 16 years’ experience. He has participated in several major transaction, IPOs and complicated legal issues with a significant number of clients in Egypt and abroad.
Mr. Taha has also assisted several clients in matters related to the Capital Market and advises clients on tender offer, stock exchange rules and disclosure requirements. He has also been involved in major IPO’s and private placements, which includes drafting the relevant sections of the International Prospectus or Offering Memorandum and other legal documents necessary for the IPO.
Mr. Taha conducted various due diligence reviews on companies of diverse sectors and participated in the drafting of the relevant transaction documents. He also assisted a number of clients in drafting the agreements necessary in the M&A transactions such as Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements and Escrow Agreements. He also provided clients with day-to-day corporate legal advice. He has extensive experience in conducting due diligence proceedings involving public and private Egyptian companies. He assisted in handling Employees Stock Option Plans in Egypt (ESOP).
Mr. Taha is recognized as “Rising Star” by the Law Magazine in its award during 2022.
Before joining the firm, he was previously a Partner in Zulficar and Partners law firm.
- Bachelor of Law, Faculty of Law Ain Shams University in association with Universite jean Moulin Lyon 3, France
- Egyptian Bar Association
- Providing clients, whether listed or closed companies, with day-to-day corporate legal advice including general corporate, commercial and employment matters. Also, providing advice in restructuring, mergers, demergers, increases and reductions of capital as well as employee stock option plans.
- Advising on general corporate (incorporation, permitting etc..), commercial (distribution and agency), real estate (sale and purchase and lease agreements).
- Drafting and reviewing various types of agreements including management, shareholding, confidentiality.
- Establishing various types of companies operating in different fields.
- Advising various major international Egyptian and Saudi companies in drafting, negotiating and reviewing joint-venture agreements.
- Drafting and conducting general assemblies and board meetings.
- One of the lead members that presented the target company, one of the renowned real estate companies/property developers in Egypt, in the mandatory tender offer launched by UAE major investors to acquire up to 90% of the target company with a total amount of approximately EGP 6.4 billion. Assisted in the regulatory process, the due diligence exercise conducted by the offeror and reviewed and negotiated necessary agreements for the completion of the transaction.
- One of the lead members that acted as the Offering Legal Counsel in the listing of the shares of the first E-payment company to be listed and traded on the Egyptian Exchange as well as the secondary offering of 36% stake held by the majority shareholder for the value of USD 275,000,000.
- One of the lead members of the team that acted as the legal Counsel of an Egyptian E-payment company in its capital increase in the form of rights issue subscribed by its shareholders.
Merger & Acquisition
- Lead partner that acted as legal counsel of one of the leading real estate companies/property developers in Egypt, in its acquisition of the total shares of a real estate company (the “Target”). Assisted the client in the following: (i) conducted legal due diligence on the Target, (ii) advised on the structure of the transaction, (iii) drafted and negotiated the Share Purchase Agreement and the Escrow Agreement. Obtained the requisite regulatory approvals necessary for the execution of the transaction including but not limited to the approval issued by the Financial Regulatory Authority on the payment on the purchase price on instalments.
- Acted as one of the lead members in the team that acted as the Egyptian Counsel of one of the multinational food and beverages companies, in its acquisition of approximately 94.7% of an Egyptian major food and beverage company in Egypt S.A.E.
- Acted as one of the lead members in the team that assisted two major companies (the investments arms of a leading governmental Egyptian bank) in the integration and restructuring process of both entities as well as their subsidiaries. The integration process includes the transfer of certain activities and business between both companies; in addition to the transfer of shares of some subsidiaries between both companies and the transfer of business in two Investment Funds.
- Advising various multinational companies on their employment contracts and relationship with employees.
- Advising companies on labor issues including employees profit distribution.
- Advising on preparation of employment, reviewing policies, code of conducts, end of services and stock option scheme.
- Termination of definite and indefinite employment contracts including negotiation and investigation with employees.