Mohammed Nader Al Awadhi is a corporate and commercial lawyer besides being commercial and civil litigator representing multinational companies and joint ventures in connection with litigation and possible litigation strategies.
He also regularly leads and assists the corporate team in the Kuwait office in their day to day matters with primary focus being issues arising from legal issues arising out of corporate affairs in Kuwait. Mohammed prides himself in leading the firm on acquisitions in all sectors of the Kuwait and regional market
- LLB, University of Westminster, United Kingdom (2017)
- University Foundation Programme, David Game (2014)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Kuwait Bar Association
- Been part of team of lawyers for due diligence on assets of a Norwegian company in Kuwait as part of its international acquisition transaction;
- Assisted with due diligence for The Kuwait Foundation for Advancement of Sciences on various Kuwaiti Investment companies prior to their appointment as portfolio managers;
- Currently advising an international investor in an acquisition of majority stake in a shareholding company, the acquisition valued at GBP 110,000,000;
- Advised and led the firm in an F&B acquisition valued at KWD 105,000,000; and
- Advised on multiple investments rounds of a local fintech company valued at USD 100,000.
- Advising a Kuwait Stock Market listed company against former chairman for violations worth KWD 90,000,000.
Banking & Finance (Conventional & Sharia-Compliant)
- Advised in connection with the restricting plan of Aayan (Kuwaiti listed company), amounting to restructuring USD 350,000,000 worth of debt. (Sharia-Compliant).
Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Advises a governmental entity with a capital of KD 850,000,000 on the establishment and management on the largest medical city in MENA.
- Currently representing a major US defence contractor in lease related matter against a local real estate company;
- Currently representing a multinational construction JV in litigation values at USD 150,000,000;
- Represented a foreign bank in a criminal case worth KD 10,100,000; and
- Currently representing an Italian construction company in litigation values at USD 115,00,000.
- Currently advising a major British company in its contract negotiations with Kuwait Ministry of Communications worth GBP 200,000,000; and
- Advised to finalize the Lagoon Sukook agreement worth USD 70,000,000.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Part of a panel in the Chamber of Commerce and Industry to comment and explain the new bankruptcy law in Kuwait