Rana Moustafa is an Associate at GLA & Company, Cairo office. Rana has very good experience in international and regional business law, corporate law, employment and international disputes. In her four years’ experience she developed an interest in intellectual property and trademark law. Rana’s experience cover dealing with high-profile clients and her fields of interest include different sectors encompassing real-estate, construction, luxury, automotive, power and energy, aviation, sports and hospitality.
In her career, Rana worked extensively across the GCC and Middle East, working with a top-tier law firm in the GCC and represented clients in Lebanon, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Egypt. With her corporate experience, Rana is skilled in drafting expert legal opinions and drafting arbitral awards related to complex issues and in respect of both international and domestic arbitrations. Rana developed an exceptional professional experience in alternative dispute resolution practice, having worked previously with international and regional arbitrators Dr. Mohamed Abdel Raouf and Dr. Mira Majzoub at Abdel Raouf Law Firm. She gained experience in international and domestic arbitration held under the auspices of ICC/DIFC-LCIA/CRCICA/DIAC/ ICSID and CAS.
Prior to joining GLA & Company, Rana worked with a renowned Saudi Arabian law firm in association with Gowling WLG. Rana recently finalized her thesis study on the consent of sovereign states to ICSID Arbitration with a special focus on sovereign debts disputes.
- LLM- Master II, Public Business Law and International Arbitration, University Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne,2020
- LLM- Master I, International Business Law, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2019
- LLB, International Business Law, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2018-2019
- LLB, international Business Law Institute (IDAI), French department, Cairo University, 2018-2019
- Egyptian Bar Association, since December 2019
- Represented Mowasalat company in a high-profile bid for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
- Assisted in the preparation of a franchise agreement for one of the major franchise in the state of Qatar valued with over 40 Million QAR.
- Due diligence and advising on the establishment of one of the leading joint ventures in the region related to many luxury brands for a value of 160 Million US Dollars.
- Represented Al Asmakh Regency Group and assisted in commercial matters related to a famous Mall project in the state of Qatar,
- Represented Al Jaidah Motors in a commercial transaction valued for over 50 Million Dollars and day to day business.
- Assisted in the preparation of employment agreements, corporate contracts, MOUs, policies for the aviation company Qatar Airways.
- Advised a Qatari stock-exchange for change of control and conducted due diligence.
- Handling one of the biggest acquisition deals for a high-profile Qatari exchange house.
Banking & Finance (Conventional & Sharia-Compliant)
- Acted on behalf of a high-profile Qatari investor for the grant of a facility with over 50 Million QAR.
- Advised a real estate company on finance agreement with a Qatari bank to secure finances for major construction project in Qatar.
Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Handling the establishment of a Qatari joint venture with one of the biggest companies in the field of Oil and Gas.
- Represented a high-profile international telecommunication company in a 20 Million Dollars dispute.
- Co-attended and assisted the arbitral tribunal in international commercial arbitration dispute regarding a high-profile construction project in Egypt, conducted under CRCICA rules.
- Assisted in representing the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities in a negotiation for a colossal construction project in Cairo Governorate.
- Co-attended on behalf of the arbitral tribunal in hearings and assisted in drafting of arbitral awards for international commercial arbitration dispute under DIAC rules regarding a colossal construction project’s claims of 10 Billion Dirhams.
- Co-attended hearings and assisted in international commercial arbitration dispute regarding a water and power project and conducted under DIFC/LCIA Rules.
- Assisted in an international arbitration sports dispute in a claim of 70 Million euros.
- Assisted in foreign investment ICSID arbitration with claims amounting to 55 Million dollars.
- Assisted in a high-profile international commercial arbitration dispute regarding a colossal health-hub construction project in Saudi Arabia.
- Represented a Qatari service provider in a dispute with a Turkish construction company in a claim over 35 Million Dollars.
- Negotiated on behalf of a Qatari service provider in dispute against a high-profile USAID military base.
- Represented a major motors competitor in the state of Qatar for a bid in the 2022 World Cup,
- Represented a French cosmetics clientele for entry to Egyptian market and assisted in export and import governmental permissions and procedures.
- Advised a high-profile Qatari aviation company in regard of employment policies and compliance with data protection laws.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Key speaker in a webinar on Intellectual Property, Social media and Google Adwords, Lexis Nexis Middle East, 2019
- Participated in practitioner’s guide on data protection law, Qatari jurisdiction, 2020 edition
- Key mentor, International commercial arbitration course, Legal Technique in Association with Arab League, 2022
- EU Parliament resolution- Procedure (2019/2181 INL)- D&C Legal Services Newsletter
- Offensive Trademarks and legal implications- D&C Legal Services Newsletter
Banking Laws and Regulations, Global Legal Insights, 2022