Maha joined GLA & Company in April of 2023 as a Legal Director in the M&A, Corporate Commercial Department.
Before joining GLA & Company, Maha practiced as an M&A, corporate commercial attorney at Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy in Cairo office. Maha’s previous experience includes: Negotiating and drafting Share and Asset Purchase Agreements and related disclosure schedules, conducting due diligence on various group companies in many industries, in particular to healthcare, hospitality, pharmaceuticals and F&B. Maha also has experience in drafting various types of contracts including, inter alia, confidentiality agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements amongst other commercial agreements.
Maha has over 8 years of experience in advising clients on other various areas of the laws: labor law, regulatory compliance and corporate law related matters including incorporation of different legal entities and corporate secretarial work including but not limited to board meetings and ordinary and extraordinary general assemblies.
Maha has also assisted several clients in matters related to the Capital Market has been involved in IPO’s and private placements, which includes drafting the relevant sections of the International Prospectus and/or Offering Memorandum and other legal documents necessary for the IPO.
Maha was recognized as “Rising Star” by the Law Magazine in its award during 2021.
- Master of Law, University of Edinburgh, August 2015
- Bachelor of Law, Cairo University, June 2014
- Egyptian Bar Associations
Merger & Acquisition
- Representation of the distribution arm of a major Emirati listed company in the field of energy in connection with its joint venture with another major fuel retail player in the Egyptian market. Transaction value: approximately USD (186) million
- Representation of a client who is ultimately owned by one of the biggest bottling companies in the US in the sale of its stake from the local bottling company. Transaction value: approximately USD (122) million
- Representation of the Qatari investors in the restructuring and sale of their stake in the assembly business of a luxurious vehicle brand. Transaction value: confidential – approximately more than USD (100) million
- Representation of a subsidiary of a major US listed oil and gas company in its acquisition of an Egyptian oil and gas services company. Transaction value: approximately USD (21) million
- Representation of a South African investment fund in its acquisition of a number of hospitals.
- Representation of an investment fund in its minority stake acquisition of an Egyptian healthcare investment platform.
- Advising one of the biggest e-commerce companies in its acquisition of a regional e-commerce platform. Transaction value: USD (580) million
- Representation of an investment fund in its sale of a majority stake in a leading company operating in the education sector. Transaction value: approximately EGP (1.2) billion
- Advising an Arab sovereign fund in its acquisition of group which operates in a high-quality fresh produce from an Egyptian law perspective.
- Handled the corporate secretarial work and establishment of new Egyptian entities.
- Representation of an Arab sovereign fund in its acquisition to a minority stake in publicly listed companies. Transaction value: approximately USD (1.2) billion
- Representation of fast-growing pharmaceutical distributor in its initial public offering. Transaction value: approximately EGP (1.7) billion
- Provided strategic legal advice, including high level commercial and labor law matters.
- Egypt: Mergers & Acquisitions, Legal 500, April 2022
- Getting the Deal Through, Lexology (Egypt chapter)
- 13th, 14th and 15th editions of The Mergers & Acquisitions Review on Egypt