Layal is a focused and versatile lawyer and consultant with a cross-cultural background, familiar with Arab and Middle Eastern perceptions of law and political science.
Layal has experience in drafting and reviewing commercial and civil contracts, complaints, memoranda and legal opinions. She also developed her knowledge and expertise in the role of public policy in private-sector development, policy making, management, non-profit organizations, dispute resolutions and intercultural dialogue.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO): Master’s degree in Russian Policy Studies
- Lomonosov Moscow State University: Master’s degree in Global Order: transformation and challenges
- Filière Francophone de droit : Master’s in Contentious, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Université Saint Joseph: Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Beirut Bar Association
- Establishing new legal entities and leasing with different authorities.
- Drafting, translating and reviewing related contracts
- Managing day to day operations in a company (including but not limited to minutes of meetings, change of structure)
- Managing labour law matters (including but not limited to: employment contracts, termination)
- Drafting memoranda
- Attending and participating in sessions, including alternative dispute resolutions
- Following up with different administrations
- Research in the field of capital markets, banking and finance
- Summarizing editing and translating in law reviews
- Translating legal documents and ensuring instant translations in meetings
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- The Court system and legislative process
- Lebanese laws, such as the rent law, the private public and partnership law
- Real estate and urbanism