Habiba Wahdan is an Associate of GLA & Company’s Cairo office. She focuses on M&As, Capital Market, Corporate Advisory, Finance and Banking.
With four years of experience, Habiba has acted as a legal representative for one of the biggest holding companies in Egypt and its 12 subsidiaries, this company is specialized in the industrial, agriculture and food sectors. Also, Habiba has worked with various top-notch clients in the media, oil & gas, banking, automotive, pharmaceuticals, education, industrial and finance sectors, she advises them on day-to-day legal matters, corporate governance, M&As. transactions, corporate secretarial work, IP, employment, arbitration, cross-border transactions and assisted them in drafting their internal regulations.
Prior to joining GLA & Co, Habiba has worked and trained in various well known law firms in Egypt and worked as an in-house lawyer in a leading company in Egypt.
- Ain Shams University, English Section, Cairo, Egypt – Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Ain Shams University, Diploma in International Commercial Law
- Egyptian Bar Association
- In-house lawyer in one of the leading industrial companies in Egypt.
- Advising a leading industrial company in Egypt on a massive supply agreement with around EGP 30 million.
- Advising an international automotive company on its exit from a leading joint venture in the Egyptian market.
- Advising a Swiss multinational manufacturer of flavours, fragrances and active cosmetic ingredients company on the restructure of the company and corporate governance.
- Advising a leading international company on its day-to-day legal matters, review & draft their agreements, draft their corporate secretarial work and attend their general assembly meetings.
- Advising a media leading company in Egypt on a red flag due diligence on all their agreements.
Banking & Finance
- Advising an international bank in Egypt on its exit from the Egyptian market as she was responsible for handling the sale of assets, the exit procedures with the central bank of Egypt and the transfer of the customers bank accounts to another banks in Egypt.
- Advising international banks and finance institutions in financing an Egyptian bunkering project with around USD 300 million.
- Co-representing a leading international company in an arbitration case before CIRCICA.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Speaker in Data Protection Law webinar in the German-Arab Chamber of Industry Commerce.
- World Bank Doing Business Report.