Fawaz Al-Dubaikhi is a partner and head of litigation in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, specializing in dispute resolution matters regarding corporate, M&A, Islamic Finance and general commercial matters.
Fawaz has been successfully involved on major litigation matters in Saudi Arabia representing some of the leading companies and corporations in their respective sectors. He is accustomed to providing comprehensive advice and representation on contentious matters involving courts of all levels. Fawaz successfully handled matters before the Saudi Commercial Court as well as appearing before Saudi General Court where damages claimed and sought were in hundreds of millions of Saudi Riyals.
He further advises on a full range of equity and equity linked transactions where he regularly represent issuers, underwriters, shareholders, sponsors, regulators, arrangers, lead managers, originators, dealers, trustees and others in public equity and capital debt transactions, initial and subsequent public and rights offerings.
The depth of Fawaz’s Saudi/Shari’ah law capabilities in relation to complex litigation and arbitration regards him as an ideal partner to assist clients in navigating the complex issues that arise when large and sophisticated transactions are called into questions.
Fawaz advises as well on real-estate developments and construction transactions in Saudi Arabia, with extensive experience and expertise in the legal, regulatory and commercial considerations applicable to these types of transaction.
- Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University – Bachelor of Islamic Law
- Saudi Bar Association
- Advised Tejoury on its acquisition of a 51% stake of Iron Mountain, a US based company;
- Advised Al-Habbas for Trading, Transportation and Contracting Company on its acquisition of a 51% stake of a domestic company; and
- Advised a Saudi closed joint stock company on its merger with a Polish company.
- Represented a construction company in its dispute with two artificial persons for an amount reaching US$186,666,666;
- Represented a US company on its dispute against a government entity for the amount of US$ 52,800,000;
- Defending a family business on a dispute with real-state company for an amount of US$ 29,333,000; and
- Representing a family business on a dispute before the Commercial Court for the amount of US$ 13,800,000.