Dr. Fadi Daher is a corporate and securities lawyer with over sixteen years of experience in Saudi Arabia and is well-known for leading most if not all the rights issues on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) – TASI and the IPOs and direct listings on the Parallel Market (Nomu). He focuses his practice on the offering and listing of securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and all aspects of corporate and commercial matters and project development transactions. Prior merging his law office (Daher Firm) with GLA, Dr. Fadi Daher was an international partner at the Saudi Arabian associated office (AlSaleh, AlSahli &Partners LLP in co-operation with Daher Firm) where he established and headed the corporate and securities department from 2016-2022, and prior to that he was the head of Equity Capital Markets practice at Shearman & Sterling’s Saudi Arabian associated office (Al-Assaf & Partners) from 2013-2016. During the years (2009-2013) he was a senior associate at the Riyadh office of Al-Tamimi & Company (Advocates & Legal consultants), the largest regional law firm, advising clients on numerous corporate restructurings, capital markets and M&As transactions. From 2006 up to 2009, he was a corporate associate at the Riyadh office of Norton Rose LLP (prior its merger)’s Saudi Arabian associated office (Al-Assaf & Partners). Dr. Fadi Daher is also a member of the Lebanese Bar Association (in Tripoli). Prior moving to the Middle East, Dr. Fadi Daher was resident in France where he prepared his PhD in private law/liabilities law and worked with corporate clients on private corporate finance transactions. His practice focused on offerings of securities and also included corporate governance advisory work and financial restructurings. Dr. Fadi Daher also currently serves as the managing partner of GLA’s Lebanese offices (Beirut and Tripoli) and spares his time between Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. Dr. Fadi Daher has successfully advised and assisted four Saudi corporations out of nine which constitute the first wave of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) on the Saudi Stock Exchange (the Parallel Market (Nomu)). He recently represented a Saudi Arabian public joint stock company (AlKathiri Holding) (acting as Sponsor) on the registration and public offering of debt-based recourse debt instruments program of a Special Purposes Entity “Al Kathiri Sukuk” which constitute the first Sukuk IPO through an SPE on the Saudi Stock Exchange – the main market [known as the “Tasi market”].
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Private Law/Liabilities – Université de Poitiers
- LLM, Corporate and Commercial Laws – Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK)
- Bachelor of Law (Bsc/BA) Lebanese Law and General Law – Lebanese University
- Lebanon Bar of Association (Tripoli)
- General Saudi Capital Market Rules and Regulations – The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (The CISI) Issued Mar 2023
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Presenter on the direct listing – as an alternative route for listing companies on the Saudi Stock Exchange- hosted by the Tadawul Group in Riyadh, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Speaker on the securities offering and listing requirements at the Saudi Capital Market Forum, co-hosted by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Saudi Stock Exchange in Riyadh, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.