Deemah Zaghmout is a trained associate with emphasize on corporate and commercial legal consultancy. Deemah developed her extensive legal expertise by working for a leading Kuwaiti law firm for several years where she gained experience in companies’ establishment, local and cross-border corporate matters and general consultancy.
Deemah graduated from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand and has since continued to gain experience in a variety of legal areas in Kuwait and abroad which has enabled her to provide comprehensive and practical legal advice to clients.
Deemah’s multi-cultural and bilingual background gives a unique insight into the difficulties that many clients (both private and corporate) of diverse national, cultural and linguistic backgrounds face in their interactions with the legal system.
- LLB/ Bachelor of Laws from University of Canterbury, Christchurch New Zealand – 2013
- Professional Legal Studies Course from Institute of Professional Legal Studies, Christchurch New Zealand – 2014
- Solicitor and Barrister of the High Court of New Zealand – August 2014
- Solicitor and Barrister of the Supreme Court of Australia – April 2015
- Advised and assisted various local and international clients on different aspects of establishing their business in Kuwait in accordance with relevant applicable laws including licenses, agency, civil & commercial procedures, tendering and employment law.
- Assisted several clients with negotiation of commercial transactions and drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
- Advised multi-national clients on various legal aspects related to their commercial and labour operations abroad.
- Advised various local companies on corporate ventures including compliance with labour law, the prospects, legality and mechanism of expanding/increasing capital and foreign ownership in the company.
- Advised clients on issues related to the employment of their work force.
- Advised clients on matters related to agency agreements and issues in relation to the agency laws of Kuwait.
- Advised a luxury fashion house based in Italy on various legal aspects regarding their operations and commercial activities in the State of Kuwait.
- Reviewed and organised corporate documents of corporate clients for their bidding on governmental projects, as well as providing consultancy services on their PPP housing projects.
- Prepared case lists and summaries for submission to different international legal directories.
- Advised on a broad range of commercial issues including sale/purchase of goods/services contracts, insurance, property, employment and investment. Provided strategic advice to companies and their directors employing sound legal analytical, contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Well versed in overseas investments providing comprehensive advice on compliance, contracts and commercial dealings.
- Regular provision of advice and legal services in relation to civil, corporate and commercial legal consultancy, company law, employment law, local and cross-border corporate matters and general consultancy.
- Advised clients on local/international regulatory obligations and changes.
- Reviewed transactional documentation of clients and advise on matters to efficiently protect company’s interests.
- Assisted clients with negotiations and resolution of disputes at both pre-litigation and post-litigation stages.