Ahmad is a Senior Associate with the Corporate Department in Kuwait, and licensed in the State of Ohio, United States. Ahmad’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions and other local and cross-border transactions, as well as complex construction disputes.
Since joining GLA & Company, Ahmad has successfully advised multinational clients across various industries, including construction and manufacturing, government contracting, finance, food and retail.
Ahmad is regularly involved in acquisitions and other matters, and recently has been focusing on complex contractual disputes for major construction projects in the State of Kuwait.
Aside from his role at GLA & Company, Ahmad is an Adjunct Professor teaching business law courses remotely on a part-time basis.
- University of Dayton School of Law – Dayton, Ohio, USA, Juris Doctor
- Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio, USA, Bachelor of Science in Business Admin.
- Advised DSV Panalpina A/S on its successful USD 4 billion valued acquisition of Agility Public Warehousing Company K.S.C..
- Advised the consortium of Fluor Limited, Hyundai Heavy Industries, and Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. on complex contractual disputes as it relates to the Al Zor Refinery Project, and secured numerous favourable recommendations.
- Advised the consortium of Fluor Limited, Hyundai Heavy Industries, and Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. as respondents in a USD 40 million plus arbitration suit and secured an award of net USD 800 thousand plus in favour of respondents.
- Advised SoftBank Group Corp. in its USD 415 million Series C investment in the Dubai-based cloud kitchen start-up, Kitopi.
- Advised Suez Cement Company on the KWD 4 million sale of Hilal Cement Co K.S.C., a major player in the cement production market in the MENA region.
- Advised Quran Petrochemical Industries Co. K.S.C. on its KWD 41 million majority acquisition of Jassim Transport and Stevedoring Co. K.S.C.
- Advised Al Aman Investment Company K.S.C. on its KWD 18 million acquisition of Dar Al Salam Educational Co. W.L.L.